BASIC SPORTS NUTRITION
Dr Sherif Azmy Rizkalla
Nutrition & Pain Consultant
Nasser Health Institute
- Introduction and Getting Started – nutrition basics, the Eat Well plate, when to eat, snacking, main meals, supplements, water and fluids.
- Carbohydrate – macronutrients, glucose and glycogen, simple and complex carbohydrates, glycaemic index, how much carbohydrate to have, suitable foods to have during exercise and carbohydrate loading.
- Fats and Proteins – saturated and monounsaturated fats, omega 3 and 6, trans fatty acids, protein, amino acids, how much protein to have, combining protein with carbohydrate, protein-rich foods and vegetarians.
- Drinks – hydration, sports drinks, hypotonic and hypertonic drinks and sodium.
- Using Fuel – energy, the anaerobic and aerobic systems and how much of each nutrient to have.
- Different Sport Requirements – maintaining fuel and fluids, strength, power and sprint sports, team sports, boxing, judo, rowing and bodybuilding, weight cycling and weight loss.
- Assessment test for the participants .
TAPING PROPOSALS IN SPORT ENVIRONMENT
Dr Eleonora Resnati
Chief Hand Rehabilitation , Humanitas San Pio X, Milan, Italy
Workshop is organized in four case reports: each of us will briefly explain one case included conservative or post-surgical treatment athletes needed. We concentrate on tape used to help the restore of pre-injury level and the return to sport activities. Attendants could repeat tape proposed by themselves.
Case 1: Epicondylitis in biker
Case 2: PIP dislocation in basket player
Case 3: Trigger finger and pulley lesion in rock climber
IASTM WORKSHOP by M2T Blade
Maria Angela L. Borras, PTRP
M2T Blade and Vigor Kinetic Tape
I. What is Instrument assisted soft-tissue mobilization (IASTM)?
– History, indication, advantage vs manual soft tissue mobilization
II. Company Background
– Continuing education programs, products
III. M2T Blade
– Assessment, Treatment, Corrective exercises
IV. Case application
– Demo and return-demo